BASIC LEARN TO RIDE (15 hours on bike):
It will be YOUR best decision ever! For those with little or no experience riding motorcycles, The Basic Course is the perfect place to start. Even people returning to the sport after a long absence will find the Basic Motorcycle Course a useful refresher.
Day 1: 9:00am-5:00pm & Day 2: 9:00am-5:00pm
- Bikes: use of at least 4 different types of various styles
- Gear Included: full-faced DOT approved helmet and gloves
- Graduation Certificate for Insurance rate reductions upon completion
To begin, our first section of the course is focused on the absolute basics: getting on and off the bike, pushing the bike, parking it, starting up and shutting down the engine. Following this we cover moving off and stopping, slow-speed riding and shifting up and down.
Our second section is done using exercises which make up the foundation of operating a motorcycle. You will learn techniques needed to maneuver the bike at slow and intermediate speeds with an emphasis on smooth machine control.
The third section is similar to police and EMS training where we use this same techniques to help with bike control in emergencies and the decision-making process needed in these situations. You are taught collision avoidance, controlled optimum braking and trail braking during this section and are given time to practice and reinforce those skills.
If you are deemed ready by our instructors, you will take part in our fourth section which takes you on a controlled group ride with your classmates and instructors. The duration of the ride will be dependent on the groups' skill levels. The ride tries to cover all types of conditions beginning with slow, low-traffic residential routes and works up to major roads. The On-bike training location is the parking lot of CentreFire Place.
All courses run rain or shine. Please dress for the weather!
- Valid Alberta Class 1,2,3,4,5 GDL or above equivalent
- At least 16 years of age, parental waiver required if under aged
- Proficient balance on a two wheel non-stationary pedal bike
- Registry Class 6 knowledge test not necessary for training however required on your road test day
CLASS 6 ROAD TESTING:
Registry has reserved road test spots for our graduates and you will be able to book yourself at the end of your course.
- Two-day training: $714+gst =$750 ($250 deposit, $500 due on the first day of the course)
- Two-day training for under 22 year old: $605+gst = $635 ($250 deposit, $385 due on the first day of the course)
- Class 6 government road test: $143+gst =$150 (approximately)
- Road test rental (if needed): $95+gst =$100 (grads only)
SCHEDULED COURSE DATES:
- April 29-30 (Sat-Sun)
- May 03-04 (Wed-Thu)
- May 18-19 (Thu-Fri)
- May 20-21 (Sat-Sun)
- June 03-04 (Sat-Sun)
- June 10-11 (Sat-Sun)
- June 17-18 (Sat-Sun)
- July 15-16 (Sat-Sun)
- July 29-30 (Sat-Sun)
- August 05-06 (Sat-Sun)
- August 12-13 (Sat-Sun)
CLASS 6 RESERVED ROAD TESTING DATES:
- May 5, 8, 11, 22, 25, 26
- June 8, 9, 15, 16, 2, 23
- July 20, 21
- August 3, 4, 10, 11, 17, 18
Written Notice via email must be provided.
- at least 14 full days before your course ........................................................$100
- within 14 days of course .....................................................$250
Written notice via email must be provided and the corresponding fees are to be paid in full
- at least 14 full days before your course start .................................................... $50
- within 14 full days before course .....................................................$250
CANCELLATION / RE-BOOKING / REFUNDS / DEEMED UNSUCCESSFUL:
- No REFUND or CREDIT will be given once a course has commenced under ANY circumstances including medical reasons (e.g., pregnancy, Covid 19, flu)
- you cannot defer your registration to the following season(s)
- you are accepting this risk as you are booking a service set within a specific block of time that cannot be deferred or transferred
- Any changes to your registration must be made personally or by parent or legal guardian required in the case of a minor
FA reserves the right to reschedule/postpone or cancel any course in part or in full at any time prior to or during the course in the event of weather or any issues beyond the control of FA.