DRIVER'S EDUCATION COURSE:
It will be YOUR best decision ever! For those with some or no experience in driving, Driver's Education Course is the perfect place to start.
- Prepares for Class-5 road test
- Graduation Certificate for Insurance rate reductions
- Reduce 24-month probation period by 6 months.
- One weekend (Sat-Sun) classroom
- Five driving lessons (pick up and drop off e.g., home, school, work)
- Use of training vehicle for road test
- Option to do the driving, before or after the classroom
Classes are held at Holy Trinity Catholic High School. During the classroom instruction we cover: Driving rules and regulations, Traffic Safety Act, sharing the road with others, road rage, defensive driving skills and maneuvers, alcohol and drug factor, collision avoidance, vehicle critical systems, vehicle maintenance, buying and selling plus insurance coverage.
Driving time consists of 2-hour lessons that can be booked seven days a week between 7:00am and 9:30pm. For In-car lessons, we pick up and drop off anywhere within the corporate limits of Fort McMurray.
During the road training, you will learn the proper circle check/walk around of a vehicle, safe entry/exit and a demo drive will be performed by the government qualified instructor. You will also teach the basic habits, visual lead time(search/scan), curb judgement(using mirror and blind spot demonstrations), residential driving such as right of way judgements, right turns and left turns, mechanical check of the vehicle, entering traffic flow, lane changing, turning at lights, point of no return, traffic round about, covering the brake, parallel parking, merging, planning ahead, and much more.
Training will be catered towards your needs.
Prior to booking last two driving sessions, you may wish to book for the Class-5 road test at https://fmvl.ca/, and let us know the date, time and registry so your remaining two lessons and test rental can be booked accordingly.
We can provide car rentals to Timberlea and Fort McMurray licensing registries only.
- Driver's Education Course: $902+gst =$947 ($240 deposit, $707 before the start of driving lessons)
- Driving Portion Only (5 driving lessons including road test rental): $673+gst =$707
- Classroom Only: $228+gst =$240
THIS YEAR SCHEDULED IN-CLASS SESSION DATES:
- February 11-12 (Sat-Sun) - room #168
- March 11-12 (Sat-Sun) - room #168
- May 13-14 (Sat-Sun) - room #168
- June 24-25 (Sat-Sun) - room #168
- July 22-23 (Sat-Sun) - room #168
- August 19-20 (Sat-Sun) - room #168
- October 07-08 (Sat-Sun) - room #168
- November 11-12 (Sat-Sun) - room #168
Written notice via email must be provided
- at least 7 full days before your classroom .................................... No charge
- within 7 full days before your classroom ...................................... $50
- at least 24 hours before your driving lesson ................................ No charge
- within 24 hours before your driving lesson.................................... $70
CANCELLATION / RE-BOOKING / REFUNDS / DEEMED UNSUCCESSFUL:
- No REFUND or CREDIT will be given once a classroom has commenced under ANY circumstances including medical reasons (e.g., Covid 19, flu)
- Any changes to your bookings must be made personally or by parent or legal guardian required in the case of a minor
FA reserves the right to reschedule/postpone or cancel any classes in the event of any issues beyond the control of FA.